A family vacation is a relaxing experience but families with pets are concerned about spending a long time away leaving their pets behind. They are concerned about their furry friend’s care. Such anxieties will limit your enjoyment while touring beautiful and attractive sights.
Families with a friend that can take care of their pets are fortunate, while others have to consider numerous boarding options. Entrusting your pet to a boarding school needs little research as you desire to offer them TLC [tender, loving, care] while you go on a vacation. To pick the best pet-care businesses, including Camp Bow Wow and Hounds Town USA you will need to consider the following tips.
Tips to choose a good pet boarding facility
- Word of mouth from your vet, friend with a pet, and a groomer is a trustworthy suggestion. You can even search on the internet for kennel services around your town. Read the reviews, but even do some research on the potential kennel service before booking a visit onsite.
- Visit the boarding facility before committing. It ensures that your pet gets the best care in your absence. Walk around and tour the grounds. Ask the staff questions. It helps you feel comfortable about the facility and even the staff that will take care of your pet.
- Ask the staff about the daily routine of dogs staying at the boarding. Even ask about overnight care.
- Check for amenities that will help to relieve stress caused because of the changing environment. Some dogs have issues in handling boarding environments.
- What regime do the staff and management adhere, to maintain a sanitary and clean facility? A hygiene ambiance ensures that your dog will return home happy and healthy.
- Dogs must never be left unattended, while they participate in group play. It can be harmful!
- Is the facility staffed 24 hours? It is crucial because the emergency is not predictable. A staff person available day and night ensure help are available in the times of a pet getting sick or is feeling uncomfortable.
- The staff has to be trained and experienced in animal care. A committed staff member is knowledgeable about dog care, behavior, and even training. It helps to handle every kind of issue that can arise suddenly!
- If your pet is social and active, then opt for a kennel boarding service that offers them maximum social interaction. Many dogs adore people and other pets. They feel distressed engaging with them. If the chosen kennel service does not have opportunities for social engagement, request the staff for a small group play.
- Pets with medical issues need extra care. Therefore, meet the staff that handles the administration of medications.
- Ask about the boarding’s emergency handling policies like do they have contact with a 24-hour vet or animal hospital for prompt care.