Research shows that now is the best time for you to invest in a pet-involved business as 65% of US households own a pet and spend over $60 billion on them per year. Even in the pet industry, there are different streams that you can choose from such as grooming, retail, nutritional dog food, etc. Once you decide to invest in a pet franchise, you can start making plans.
If you are looking for a trusted pet service then Hounds Town is for you. Hounds Town USA is designed to look like a town for dogs with a fire station, police station, hotel, spa, and cinema. It is a destination business model that has several revenue streams making this a one-stop shopping center for pet owners. This pet sitting franchise offers services like daycare, dog and cat grooming, overnight dog boarding, and pet taxi. They have spent 20 years making sure that this model is as efficient as possible.
How to choose a pet care franchise
The following are some steps you have to follow when deciding the kind of pet care franchise, you want to start.
- Consider if your model is scalable: If you want to be self-employed and do the work in the franchise then you are buying a job. If you want to be a business owner who wants to expand in future, then you must know if the franchise allows for that.
- Consider if it allows multiple streams of income: If you want to be a business owner, and expand later, then you will need multiple sources of income from different services that you can provide.
- Consider total investment: You need to understand the franchise fee that you will have to pay initially. Then you must be aware of the royalty or any separate training fee for the staff. Determine which fees are optional and which are mandatory so you can determine the true cost.
- Type of system: Ask if the franchise offers a purchase or fulfillment system.
- Ask the future development plans: Ask how the franchise and their owners can keep up to the trends and stay current with innovations.
- Ask if you get a toll-free number: A toll-free number adds value to your franchise.
- Ask about digital presence: Ask if your franchise has any website or media presence.
The points above are some important things you need to keep in mind before picking the right franchise.